27 October 2007

Cryptic, I Know

A friend of mine makes much of how it's impossible to walk anywhere in Manchester with me without us randomly bumping into a handful of pretty friends of mine; today's been a poor day on that front, with me having but met one such lass randomly, though I've made up for it with the ones I'd planned to meet.

Ahem.

Anyway, I'm back. I have some work to do, some books to return, some people to see, some letters to send, and a presentation to attend, as well as coffee to quaff and friends to meet. It'll be busy. I may go to see my cousins in the Rylands, perching on the banisters.

Getting here was gruelling, but at least there were no nautical fiascos like yesterday. It's been a long and interesting day, and one that's allowed me to crack my 'skeleton at the feast' joke a few times. I'd show you a photograph, if I didn't think it might lead to trouble. Hell, I'd be wearing my T-shirt if I didn't think it too would lead to trouble. You know the one? With the logo? No?

I'm really being very prudent, believe it or not. I don't think discretion is the better part of valour, but it is certainly a valuable part of that arsenal.

Oh there'll be stories to tell when all this is over. Or maybe over dinner on Monday.

Anyhow, my wine is waiting. Adieu.

No comments: