12 February 2008

Could a Confectionary Cannae be Coordinated?

There are people out there who think I have too much time, although they're obviously not the same people who realise that I've been escewing sleep every second night for the last few weeks; it's not that I've been worrying or anything, just that Friday's going to be a big day, and I need to get everything ready, well, basically by tomorrow morning.

But anyway, even if I did have too much time on my hands, I'm glad to say that I'd probably not use it building enormous models of the battle of Helm's Deep from The Two Towers or of the battle of Pelennor Fields from The Return of the King.

Or if I did, I probably wouldn't make them from cake and sweets. Look at the cute lickle jelly orks.

I have to admit, this has a certain charm, and this shot of Gandalf and the boys charging down the cliff doesn't look much more ludicrous when rendered in confectionary than it did rendered in computer-generated imagery.

It's got to be cheaper than buying models. Part of me is tempted to try this sometime with some historical battles, like Thermopylae, say, or the battles of Cannae, or Zama, or Lake Trasimene. That last one could be great, actually, like the castle and cabin cakes of my childhood, but on a colossal confectionary theme.

No comments: